Tuesday 14 February 2012

An Introduction

Hey there. My name is Garreth MacNamee. I'm 22 years of age and I once weighed a staggering 24 stone (that's a gentleman's 325 pounds in American terms). Alcohol was always the enemy.

The point of this blog is to share my story with anybody interested in finding out how Irish men, in particular, struggle to lose weight.

Now for the obligatory 'before' and 'after' photos! So here we go.

This is me with wine glass in hand at around 21 stone

I've lost over 10 stone (140lbs) over the past two years. I'm not a nutritionist and I'm not a doctor, so anything I advise here isn't backed up by any fancy degree, other than a B.A. in Journalism I hope to receive later this year.

Me at 13 stone 10 (minus the wine glass)


The pub culture in this country has stifled the the attempts of most men in this country to get fit and healthy. According to the various doctors and dietitians I have visited, you can not consume alcohol if you wish to adhere to a weight loss regiment. That is bull. You can, but it just makes the process a hell of a lot slower. 

I'll be placing recipes and general lifestyle tips on this blog. Until then, all the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment